Position: Part-time Administrator
VANSA is a national umbrella civic networking organisation serving the visual arts community made up of industry volunteers who campaign, lobby and network on behalf of the artists in KZN and facilitate projects and initiatives to improve the arts.
VANSA KZN has a vacancy for a part-time position for their organisational administrator.
To start August 1, 2011
Pay: R3000 per calendar month
The successful candidate must:
- Have an understanding, passion and appreciation of the arts industry in KZN
- Be an enthusiastic networker
- Be computer literate
- Be able to manage a database
- Be able to work unsupervised
- Ideally have a basic understanding of elementary bookkeeping and basic budgeting skills
- Ideally have access to a computer, phone, transport and office space. This is an advantage
- but not essential.
- Co-ordinate the activities of the organisation
- Create, promote and manage a membership drive
- Run projects, campaigns and initiatives
- Create and develop a comprehensive computerised industry database
- Budgeting and basic bookkeeping
- Representing VANSA at various events and forums
- Office administration
- Working together with industry volunteers and interns
> Visit the VANSA websitE
Where to deliver CVs
Applicants should deliver CVs with contactable references to artSPACE durban Durban on or before 4pm on 23 July (see address below). The applicants will then be short-listed by 28 July and will be notified thereafter. Regret CVs must be delivered by hand - emailed and faxed copies will not be accepted.
3 Millar Road, (off Umgeni Road)
Durban, South Africa
Tel: +27 31 312 0793